Sharon Greenaway is a Bendigo based #professionalphotographer, #mixedmediaartist and #writer.
She completed a Visual Arts degree in Photography at La Trobe University, in 2012.
“My artistic practice revolves around creating beautiful art. The fragility of humanity and the natural world of the Loddon Mallee region is my inspiration.
I create photographs from both macro landscapes highlighting the dainty beauty of our wildflowers, as well as larger landscapes such as a field of yellow sticky everlastings.
I also use mixed media such as fabric and paper Mache to create works inspired by my own exploration of the bush environment.
My works range from small embroidered brooches through to large archival Giclee prints framed behind glass.
Recently I am exploring the world through the creation of miniature 3 d art.”
#Visual Artist, #creative writer, #professionalphotographer.
Sharon Greenaway Artist – a mulit-artform creator, with an ethereal art-local flora, fauna and people focus.
C.V.(abridge ) August 2022
Bachelor of Visual Arts (Photography), La Trobe University, Bendigo.
Solo and Joint Exhibitions.
- 2022 Kinetic Kennington.
- Commissioned by The City of Greater Bendigo, this outdoor exhibition featured art that moves from five professional artists. Sharon’s work featured large cotton banners with beautiful imagery of the local wildflowers of the region. At 1 metre x 3 metres these banners were hung amongst the gum trees that surround the Kennington reservoir.
- 2022 Over the Horizon, The Old Auction House Kyneton.
- 2021 Exhibited My Health Story image at Bendigo hospital Oncology ward, Dec 2021 to Jan 2022
- 2021 My Health Story, The Capital, Bendigo.
- 2021 Space, Dudley House Bendigo. Group show with 4 other local artists, each exploring how the term Space meant to them, October 2021. Sponsored by The City of Greater Bendigo.
- Castlemaine Market Art summer exhibition
- Bendarts Group Show, Dudley House, Bendigo.
- St John of God group show
- Castlemaine Market Art winter exhibition
- 2020 Central Victorians Remember :WW1 War Memorials, Bendigo, Mount Alexander and Loddon shire. Permanent exhibition Bendigo RSL Museum, Pall Mall Bendigo.
- 2019/2020 Castlemaine Summer Market exhibition
- 2014 : Imagining Mum, beautifully installed at the Mildura Arts Centre. The opening was on Mother’s day where Sharon photographed mothers and their families on the day.
- 2019 Natural Connections, Artist and Co-ordinator, group show, supported by the City of Greater Bendigo and Bendigo and Adelaide Bank.
- 2019 Colab,BENDIGO, group show
- 2019 Write unto art Trail, group show, HEATHCOTE
- 2019 Gallery 22 upstairs group show, Castlemaine
- 2019 A4 Contemporary Art Show, Melbourne
- 2018 & 2019 Small works from a big place, travelling exhibition.
- 2019 Co.lab with poet Tru Dowling
- Write unto Art , two pieces, one wearable art piece, one poem in response to Elaine van Dyk’s painting.
- 2019 Contemporary Art Society brooch show, Melbourne
- 2018 Contemporary Art society A4 Show, Herring Island, Melbourne
- 2018 Bendigo native flora, Finders Keepers cafe, Bendigo (solo)
- 2018 Co.lab art show, Bendigo Library (collaboration with poet Tru Dowling, group show)
- 2018 Mentor for Access Art students art show, Dudley House, Bendigo
- 2018 Winter arts show, Castlemaine Market Building
- 2018 Contemporary Arts Society Brooch Show
- 2017 Bimblebox Art Project (poem about Tawny Frogmouth)
- 2017 St John of God hospital Fundraising exhibition, invited to participate.
- 2017 Bendigo Beauties, Exhibit B, solo show, supported by the City of Greater Bendigo and Bendigo and Adelaide bank.
- 2016 Artist grant for developing a body of work for the 10th Anniversary Runway Show (to be showcased in the Creative section), supported by City of Greater Bendigo
- 2016 Writing your life- an intense workshop to get people started on the path of recording their life stories for themselves and/or others. Sponsored by Capital Community Connect (City of Greater Bendigo).
- 2016 Transient Landscape, Living Arts Space, Bendigo. (member of 3AMPs)
- 2016 Castlemaine Market Winter Exhibition
- 2016 St John of God Fundraising Exhibition (invited to exhibit-group)
- 2015 Colour is Life as part of the Festival of Cultures, Bendigo SOLO
- Imagining Mum. Mildura Arts Centre SOLO
- 2014 Microcosm Bendigo. Pottery SOLO
- 2014 L.C.M.S. Multicultural exhibition Roots, where I worked as a mentor to a student who wanted to learn more about writing and photography. The end results were two collaborative pieces of art.
- Plus many more…
For more information about Sharon please see her website https://sharongreenaway.com/
- Papermakers of Victoria
- Contemporary Art Society Victoria
- Regional Arts Victoria